Child Welfare | Online Safeguarding Course for Members
Thursday 22 June 2017By ESFA Office
Free course available now
As part of the on-going work to ensure that the safeguards we have in place to protect children in the game are as robust as possible, an online FA Safeguarding Course has been designed for Club Officials.
Feedback collected from Clubs during visits over the last few months indicated that many Club Officials feel concerned by their own lack of knowledge of safeguarding matters. This is an understandable concern and it is important that we make available to you the tools you require to carry out your safeguarding responsibilities with confidence.
To that end, this Online Safeguarding course has been specifically designed for key Club Officials and includes:
• A reflection on what makes an effective club committee
• A consideration of the role of the committee in protecting children
• Advice on how to build a safe club
• Advice on how to recognise and report harm and abuse
The course, which takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and is completely free of charge, can be accessed by following this link.
- 22nd :: Child Welfare | Online Safeguarding Course for Members