Job Opportunity - Football Development Officer
Tuesday 21 July 2015By ESFA Office
Employer: English Schools’ Football Association
Responsible to: Football Development Manager
Issue Date: 20th July 2015
Deadline: 5pm, Friday 28th August 2015
Salary: £28,000- £32,000(fixed term contract until June 30th 2019)
To support and develop all areas of Schools’ football in accordance with the ESFA Business Plan and to support the delivery of the FA National Game Strategy
The key work areas are:
- Plan and deliver programmes with key partners to retain and grow participation for young players at a local and national level, utilising different forms of the game.
- Project manage ESFA Development fund to grow regular participation.
- To support the development of The FA Schools Programme for 12-16 year olds, developing new opportunities for young people locally.
- Support and review the delivery of competition structures at local level ensuring they meet the needs of all players, working with local School Associations, School Games Officers, Professional Clubs and other partners.
- Support development and delivery of programmes to recruit, retain and recognise volunteers in schools’ football.
- Using existing networks create opportunities for ‘young people’ to be involved and be key decision makers in Schools’ Football.
To apply you need to be of graduate calibre (qualification or experience), have experience in sports development, have knowledge of all aspects and levels of the National Game and of the workings of Schools FA’s and County FA’s.
You need to be passionate about and committed to the development of schools’ football and young people. You must be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. Candidates must be able to demonstrate both team working and the ability to work unsupervised and experience of working with partners.
Candidates should also have excellent interpersonal / communication / presentation skills.
You also need to have a current driving licence and also be able to work evenings and weekends.
For further information on the role please contact Andy Weston on 01785 785970 or 07855 942337. For a copy of the Job description please click here.
To formally apply submit a CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line of your email ‘Ref: ESFA FDO’
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 28th August 2015
Interviews will take place on: Friday 18th September 2015
English Schools’ FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- 21st :: Job Opportunity - Football Development Officer