Important Changes to the CRB process
Friday 15 February 2013By ESFA Office
In an announcement from the government recently, there are to be changes to the CRB process which could affect individuals with future applications and renewals.
Please read below for an overview of the changes which will be adhered to by the ESFA's child welfare department.
1) On 01 December 2012 the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) is merging with the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) and its new name will be the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
2) The ESFA will continue to use the current Application Forms until current stocks run out - The new DBS forms will be used fron the point or until 28 January 2013 (whichever is earlier).
3) DBS Certificates will be issued for all checks completed from 01 December 2012.
4) From 01 February 2013 ONLY DBS application forms will be processed - If you have any of the old forms these cannot be used after 31 January 2013.
5) You will notice changes on the ESFA Website and internal documentation with the removal of references to CRB and ISA.
Further information and updates will be available to membership as and when it becomes available. For further information or questions please contact Sarah DaCosta 07779974978 or Martin Duffield 07852276416.
- 15th :: Important Changes to the CRB process